Guest Speaker Program
The following guidelines are provided to assist Speakers with their Presentation
- We respond positively to speakers who present a topic of informational, educational, motivational, or entertainment value that will be of general interest to all club members.
- Programs are a maximum of 20 minutes to allow for a Q&A period.
- Presentations should be non-political and non-sectarian. Elected officials may be allowed to speak to our club when the format is simply to report to constituents on congressional or legislative affairs.
- Presenters MAY NOT SOLICIT a financial or in-kind donation or request purchase of products or services. It is okay for you to talk about your business/organization and its services. It is NOT okay to make a “sales pitch” or directly solicit purchases or donations. You are more than welcome to invite interested members to stay after the meeting to talk with you.
- Handouts for club members and guests must be confined to the entry table.
- Using the Rotary platform to dispense individual financial advice is prohibited.
- We urge speakers to tailor their presentations with minimal emphasis on PowerPoint sequences
If you would like to be considered for a Guest Speaker slot, please complete this form
Information needed from speakers (prior to their speaking date)
- Name and Organization
- Biography or Introductory Information
- Any audio/visual needs (given to the program chair at least one week prior to the meeting)
- A copy of any PowerPoint presentation if you are using one.
- Someone to introduce the speaker, preferably a club member
- Confirmation that the speaker is aware of these guidelines
- Confirmation of the speaking date